Family Friendly Rockin' New Year's Noon Bash
Looking for a family-friendly way to bring in the New Year? The Children's Museum of Houston presents Rockin' New Year's Noon Bash.
The end-of-year bash rings in the New Year at the stroke of noon with a parade and shimmering ball drop, just like they do in Times Square! Kids finally don’t have to stay up till midnight to celebrate. Welcome the New Year kid-style and stick around for our after party!
Special New Years Eve activities for kids and families:
- Festive Hats: Make your own festive hat and rock into the New Year. Event time: One World Discover Room, 9 a.m. -3 p.m.
- New Year's Noisemakers: Make your own cup noisemaker and ring in the New Year. Event time: 9-11 a.m. & 12-3 p.m. in Tree Top Discovery Room.
- A Buzzin’ New Year Noisemaker: Make your own kazoo at Junktion.
- New Year's Wishing Wand: Make a wish for 2017 with a wand at Junktion.
- New Year, New You Crown: Get a head start by writing your resolutions on a New Year’s crown at Junktion.
- New Year's Noon Pre-Show: Join us for a dance party with DJ Big Reeks and performances by the Braziilian Arts Foundation and Jugglers Roly and Noah! Event Time: 10:30-11:30 a.m. in the Courtyard.
- New Year’s Noon Parade led by High Steppers Brass Band: Rock into the New Year with jazzy tunes. Line up at 11 a.m. in Kid's Hall. Line leaves at 11:30 a.m. to begin parade. Reserved for the first 200 guests given a “2017” Necklace by CMH staff upon entrance
- Countdown and Simultaneous Brilliant Ball Drops: Celebrate the New Year with a countdown to noon. Event time: Begins at 11:50 a.m. in the Concrete Jungle.
- Outdoor Ball Drop in the Courtyard - Viewing starts at 11:30 a.m. Including countdown and confetti.
- Indoor Ball Drop in the Auditorium - Doors Open at 11 a.m. Including countdown and African drumming by Joy of Djembre Drumming. *reserved for the first 160 ticketed guests at the Museum opening*
- Dance Party: Just because the ball has dropped, doesn’t mean the party is over! Event Time: 12:00-12:30 p.m. in the Courtyard and Auditorium.
For more information, visit http://www.cmhouston.org/event/newyearsnoon.